Friday 18 April 2014

Kitbag.com Product Review


As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've been asked by the nice people at Kitbag.com to review some of the running stuff from their site.

My first review is of a Nike feather fleece long sleeved top which arrived last week. As the name suggests, this is essentially aimed for winter or cold weather running, designed to keep you warm during the chilly months. The top has a dual layer - fleece on the outside to help keep heat in, and then an inner lining like a technical shirt to wick the sweat away. The sleeves are longer than normal as they are designed to extend over the hands to keep them warm, with a little hole for the thumb :-)




Because of that I was a little unsure how comfortable it would be to wear in the warmer conditions (warmer than winter I mean - I know it's not exactly splitting the stones out there!)  - but actually it was a pleasant surprise. Once I was wearing it, it didn't feel anywhere near as heavy as I thought when I first saw it, and felt more like a standard technical running top rather than a fleece. It was very comfortable - and I speak as someone who tends to over heat quite quickly.



Below is a short video of me describing the top before I first used it



There's a little pocket at the back right hand side, which is just big enough to store some keys, or a gel, or maybe a nano iPod. I took my keys in it and didn't have any issues with rubbing or chafing - always a key element when you're carrying something.



I ran again with this top on a colder day with a biting wind that cut right through - below is my video that I filmed immediately after returning :-)



Overall I thought this was a very comfortable running top - probably not best used during a summer heat wave (unless you really feel the cold!) but perfect for winter running, especially if, like most people, you do your marathon training over the winter and typically run before or after work when it's coldest!

Cheers
Rory

No comments:

Post a Comment